Tours for School Groups
Explore Himalayan Asia right here in New York! Guided tours at the Rubin Museum help K-12 students develop visual literacy and critical-thinking skills through engaging, inquiry-based discussions. Tours are learner-centered, and led by trained museum educators and docents. Discover the art and cultures of Himalayan Asia while developing meaningful cross-cultural connections.
Popular curriculum connections for schools include the Silk Road, China, India, human communities, Buddhist and Hindu art, and comparative religions. Museum guides can plan experiences to meet specific classroom needs, so please tell us about your curriculum and your students on your reservation form.
- $50 per tour group: 15 students per tour group maximum (FREE for all NYCDOE schools)
- Museum admission fees are additional, please see below for details.
- 60 minutes long
- We invite you and your students to continue to explore the galleries after your tour.
- All members of NYCDOE school groups: Free
- Teachers & adult chaperones: $10
- Students age 13 and older: $5
- Students age 12 and younger: Free
- Museum Members: Free (Become a Member Today!)
To schedule your school tour at the Rubin Museum, please complete a visit registration form e-mail email@example.com or call 212.620.5000 x345.
Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Please review our group visit outlines prior to your scheduled visit.
For information on Self-Guided Visits, please click here.