The Rubin Museum offers volunteers the opportunity to gain exposure to the workings of an art museum and to contribute services to various departments within the museum.
Candidates must be willing to make a long-term commitment to serve as a Rubin Museum volunteer.
Qualified candidates should have an interest in Himalayan art or museums, a flexible attitude toward working with others, and an understanding that reliability is important.
Teaching Artist Assistant, Early Childhood Learning Workshops
The assistant welcomes the children and makes their name tags, helps them get settled, supports head teacher during a 15 minute gallery experience, assists during an art-making experience, takes photos throughout the class, and helps to set up and clean up the classroom. The successful candidate will have experience working with children under the age of 5.
Dates: Wednesday and Thursday mornings, July-September
Available program times:
Wednesdays 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.; Saturdays 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.; Sundays 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Tasks Include: Placing museum materials on all theater tables. Opening theater and collecting tickets from program patrons. Answering general museum questions.
Skills Required: Maturity, ability to interact with the public, and ability to stand for extended periods of time.
K2 Lounge Will-Call Hosts
Commitment: one Friday night per month from 6pm - 9:45pm
• Giving out tickets for the Cabaret Cinema film (tickets are free with a $7 purchase from the café).
• Answering questions from the general public about the museum, Cabaret Cinema, and the evening’s programs.
• Welcoming program participants as they arrive at the museum; coordinating/communicating with programming staff.
Skills Required: Maturity, positive attitude, outgoing nature, and customer service skills.
For more information on our Docent Program click here.
For more information on our Internship Program click here.
In appreciation of their dedication, all active interns and volunteers receive the following benefits:
• Free museum admission for intern/volunteer and one guest
• 10% discount on food/drink items at Serai
• 25% discount on most shop items at Serai
• Free admission to many museum programs when available
• 10% discount on selected museum programs
• 25% discount on gift memberships
• Invitation to an annual appreciation event
Interested in volunteering at RMA? Please email your resume along with a cover letter indicating (1) your interest in the Rubin Museum of Art, (2) what type of volunteering you are interested in, (3) your relevant qualifications, and (4) your availability (days/times) to email@example.com.