Visionary Circle is a membership group for culturally active individuals, ages 21-40, who are interested in engaging with the museum, attending exclusive events and programs, and connecting with fellow like-minded cultural enthusiasts. Throughout the year, members attend a full calendar of social, educational and fundraising events in support of the Rubin Museum of Art. Visionary Circle is a passport to discovering the art and culture of Himalayan Asia right here in New York City.
• Invitations to exclusive Visionary Circle programs including exhibition walkthroughs and networking events with curators, speakers and performers
• Visionary Circle gatherings at K2 Friday Nights and Himalayan Happy Hour, including tickets to films, talks and performances
• Gallery visits and passes to select art fairs throughout New York City.
• Invitation to purchase tickets to the annual Visionary Circle Benefit Event
• Subscription to the Visionary Circle bimonthly eNewsletter
• Unlimited free admission to the museum galleries, including complimentary audio guide
• Special disounts on all museum programs and at the Serai shop and café
• Advanced notice of and reserved seating for select museum programs and events
• Invitations for two to the Annual Members Reception, select previews, members-only exhibition tours, and other events
Interested in joining the Visionary Circle Host Committee? We are always looking for new ideas and new people to join! To find out more and to get involved, contact Lauren Gedacht, Coordinator, Visionary Circle at 212.620.5000x239 or Visionary@rmanyc.org.
Friday, May 3
Arts’ Night Out at the Park Avenue Armory - an evening set aside for young patrons at The Spring Show, an annual exhibition organized by the Art and Antique Dealers League of America. RSVP to Visionary@rmanyc.org.
Thursday, May 16
Visionary Circle members, along with the American India Foundation’s New York Young Professionals Chapter, and the South Asian International Film Festival, are pleased to co-present a screening of the documentary film Blood Relative by Nimisha Mukerji. Join us for a pre-film reception from 6:30-7:30 P.M. with Kingfisher Beer and light refreshments. Free for Visionary Circle members. RSVP to Visionary@rmanyc.org.
Wednesday, February 6 - A special evening of Tibetan art and food in celebration of Losar, the Tibetan New Year. Visionary Circle Members were invited to take an exclusive tour of The Place of Provenance: Regional Styles in Tibetan Painting which explores the four distinctive provincial artistic styles of Tibet as well as those of Bhutan, Mongolia, and Qing-dynasty China. Following the gallery tour, guests were invited to participate in an exclusive hands on momo making demonstration with Himalayan Pantry founder, Tashi Chodron who shared the secrets of momo making, and members were invited to make their own!
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - Visionary Circle Diwali Celebration
Hosted by Visionary Circle Young Patrons of the Rubin Museum of Art
• Bhangra Dancing with DJ Eddie Stats
• Bhangra Performance by SMD Bhangra Group
• Open Bar sponsored by Kingfisher Beer and Medea Spirits
• Indian Refreshments, Take away desserts sponsored by Shaheen Sweets