Workshops for Preschools
The Rubin Museum offers guided tours and workshops for groups of children 3-6 years of age. Bring your pre-school class or play group to the Rubin Museum!
- 60 minutes long
- Workshop fee: $50 (5-13 children per group)
- Museum admission fees apply
- All Members of NYCDOC school groups: Free
- Teachers and adult chaperones: $10
- Students age 13 and older: $5
- Students age 12 and younger: Free
All workshops include:
- 5-minute welcome & introduction with map
- 20-minute gallery exploration
- 30-minute art-making/movement workshop
- 5-minute wrap up and goodbye.
Move Like Animals
Take a deep breath
Gather together to make the sounds and motions of animals from around the world, track down animals in artworks in the galleries, listen to the story of a jungle hero, create rhythms with your body, and make instruments to bring home!
Search the museum for fascinating Himalayan sculptures, and learn how they were made. Get your hands dirty and let your imagination run wild as you make your own imaginary creatures out of clay. Cover them in golden sparkles to make them shimmer!
(for younger groups)
Build a mountain range together with crumpled paper and tape, go on a triangle finding expedition in the galleries, craft your own hairy yaks to climb your mountains and bring them together to make a herd!
Experience shapes, colors, and numbers by exploring our new Education Center and Himalayan art. Create a shape collage out of paper and fabric.
So that we may best serve your group, organizers are encouraged to share any curricular connections, special interests, and/or needs your group has on your registration form.
Download Registration Form
For further information on pre-school workshops please contact the Manger of Family Learning at 212.620.5000 x274.